Friday, July 24, 2009

Visitors, Moving and Such

This blog is supposed to be about things I love, in case you couldn't tell by the title :) But let me fill you in on one thing I don't love so much: packing. I'm moving this weekend (don't worry, I'll still be in the city, just changing boroughs) and have barely made a dent in the packing I'm doing. Luckily I have until...2PM tomorrow. Yeah, ok, I'm screwed. Well, I tried. Sort of.

Something I like much more than packing? Visits from lovely friends. It's Restaurant Week in NYC, and my fabulous friend "Jo-B" is here. She's actually visiting another friend of hers, but I'm super thrilled to be doing dinner with her tonight. Then, hopefully, a trip to see "The Ugly Truth," starring Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl. It looks incredible! I'll let you know if I like it.


And last, but not least, book of the week: My Sergei, by Ekaterina Gordeeva. This is an old favorite. I first read it when it was originally published, as my grandmother was a figure skater who knew the couple. According to her, the book she had was personally given to her by Ekaterina, but she also can't remember how many popsicles she's eaten in a day, so I mean, I'm not necessarily going to take her word for it. Still, this NY Times bestseller is one of the most touching and heartfelt memoirs I've read in quite a while.


Have a great weekend!

No comments: